Next on the cookie list, Peanut Butter Blossoms. My favourite combination, peanut butter and chocolate. Remember the days as a child when you would dip a piece of chocolate bar into the peanut butter jar? Or was that just me?
I love this cookie with the Hershey’s kiss, adds something special with to your cookie tray.
When your cookie are cooling, remember the chocolate kiss is melted from the hot cookie, but hasn’t lost its shape, is it very soft to the touch. Don’t place cookies into the fridge until the chocolate has hardened or the chocolate will get sugar crystals and look spotty.
Have I mentioned your favourite cookie recipe yet? If not share a recipe you would like to see.
Peanut Butter Blossom
- 48 Hersey's Kiss Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- In large bowl, beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and milk.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in additional granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately press KISSES in centre of each cookie.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.